With the support of our program partners, our goal is to help as many children from low-income families as possible through a centralized system that is easily accessible for families. Maximum subsidy per child, per calendar year is $400 - on a first-come, first-serve basis and provided funds are available.
Who is Eligible for Funding
- Children from birth through 18 years of age (must be 18 years at time of application).
- Children who live in Guelph or Wellington County.
- Families must provide documentation to show your family size and income. CLICK HERE to see what is required.
- Families with incomes below the following household income levels (based on Line 236 - net adjusted income).
|Family Size: adult(s) + child(ren)||Income Level|
|1 person (e.g. independent youth)||$21,487|
|2 people (1 parent + 1 child)||$26,748|
Income levels based on Stats Canada LICO figures - last updated 2016 stats year.
Funds are available for the recreational activity of the child’s choice, provided it is an extracurricular activity a young person does in their free time. This includes (but is not limited) to the examples below. Please contact us if you are not sure if an activity is eligible for funding.
- Sports such as soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, ringette, volleyball
- Swimming lessons
- Gymnastics, Acro
- Cheerleading & Baton
- Martial Arts and Boxing
- Equestrian lessons
- Skating and Figure Skating
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Archery, Fencing and Axe Throwing
- Rock Climbing
- Tennis and Golf lessons
- Gym/Fitness memberships
- Dance classes
- Music and vocal lessons, youth choirs
- Performance arts such as drama, comedy classes, puppetry, circus
- Visual arts such as drawing, cartooning, pottery and sculpture, photography
- Handwork arts such as knitting, sewing, fashion design, weaving, woodworking, jewellery making, blacksmithing
- PD Day
- March Break
- Summer Camps (day and overnight)
- After-school recreational clubs
- Scouts, Cubs, Guides, Brownies, Sparks
- Book/Literature and Writing
- Parent & Tot Programs such as swimming, music & movement, yoga
The following costs are not eligible:
Where provided, please check links to organizations that may be able to help with these costs.
- Childcare / Daycare programs
- Therapy - including art, music or sports therapy
- Equipment or Uniforms
- Skills-Training or Educational-Instructional programs (e.g. tutoring, babysitting, first aid-cpr)
- School programs (including pre-school) or School Trips
- Fundraising Fees charged by recreational organizations