How does the application process work?
- Decide on the activity for your child. Contact the organization to find out all the details including:
The name of the activity: please be as specific as possible. For example: "Swimming: Summer 2015 RC Swim Kids 8" vs. "Swimming".
The start date of the activity - this is different than the date you are submitting the application.
The length of activity - example: 8 weeks
The total cost of the activity - please check carefully and be sure of this amount since this is what we will be paying to the organization. For example, be sure to check that the price includes hst.
The name of the organization that is offering the activity. Be sure you have the correct name. For example, swimming lessons at the West End Community Centre are run by the City of Guelph, so the name of the organization should be City of Guelph and not the West End Community Centre.
- If you haven't already done so in the past, create an account online to submit your application or you can fill out an application and submit to our office in person, by email or by fax.
- If we require more information from you, we will contact you and your application will remain pending until we receive the information from you.
- After the application is submitted with the required financial documents, we will review it and a letter will be sent to you to notify you of the decision. You should hear from us within a week. If you have not heard from us within a week, please call us at 519-826-9551 ext 23 or email us to check on the status.
- Once you receive an approval letter for funding, you should contact the organization offering the activity and register directly with them. We do not register for the activity on your behalf.
- The Children’s Foundation will send payment directly to the organization within approximately 2 weeks.
© 2019 Children's Foundation