Gift cards for groceries, drugstores, shopping malls, and department stores are very much needed and are another great way to support the Adopt-A-Family program in an easy and convenient way. Grocery cards provide families with the choice to purchase what they need for a special holiday meal and treats that are meaningful for their traditions and culture. Other gift cards, including teen gift cards, provide families and youth with a sense of dignity and independence in choosing something special for themselves.
"The addition of gift cards is a very special enhancement to the program as it has allowed the parent to purchase something special for their children and they feel more like they have been part of the process and less on the outside "not even able to provide for their children". ~ a social worker from CMHA.
Here are the gift cards that are most needed:
- $25 grocery gift cards to Zehrs-No Frills, Metro-Food Basics, Freshco-Sobey's, Walmart
- $25 gift cards to Stone Road Mall, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart
- $10 - $25 teen gift cards for Chapters, Cineplex Movies, ITunes, EB Games
- $10 - $25 gift cards for Tim Hortons, Restaurants, and fast food restaurants
Where to deliver your purchased gift cards?
Cards can be delivered to either the:
- Adopt-A-Family site at 69 Huron Street, which will open full-time hours starting November 19, 2018. Click here for hours and location information.
- Children's Foundation office at 87 Waterloo Avenue in downtown Guelph between 9 am - 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays.