Our Winter Wear Drive will be collecting winter coats, boots, snowpants, hats, mitts, and scarves to distribute to families in need in time for winter weather. While we traditionally only accept new items for Adopt-A-Family, for this year we will also accept gently used coats and boots to distribute in the community.
We will be supporting HOPE House's new Winter Clothing Market taking place October 19 - 30 by distributing some of the donated items to them. As well, we will be distributing winter wear through other social-community partners such as Community Resource Centre and Immigrant Services.
We will begin accepting donations on Tuesday, October 13th.
Here's what you need to know to donate to our Winter Wear Drive:
If donating New items:
- You can sign up as a Donor so we have your information on file by Clicking Here. Select Purchasing Winter Wear as your donation option. We will send you a confirmation email that includes your Donor ID # and information about a tax receipt.
- Purchase any of the following items that you'd like to donate: winter coat, boots, snow pants, hat, scarf, mitt
- If you would like a charitable tax receipt, you can fill out the tax form and include with the purchase receipts in an envelope when you drop off your donation. Be sure to include your Donor ID #. Click here for the tax form.
If donating Gently Used Items:
- Gently used coats and boots should be ready to wear, clean, and in good repair before donating. Please no holes, tears, missing buttons, broken zippers or clasps.
- You do not need to sign up as a Donor to bring in your donation of gently used coats and boots.
Drop-off location and Hours:
- Drop off donated winter wear at our warehouse at 69 Huron Street beginning Tuesday, October 13 during open hours.
- Mondays from 1:00 - 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Click Here for a map and updated hours of operation at the warehouse as the season unfolds.
- Please be aware of directions at the warehouse to drop off your winter wear items. We will have COVID protocols in place, and remind you to wear a mask when coming into the facility.