- increases self-confidence
- provides vital help to people in need
- makes you happier, reduces stress, combats depression, keep you mentally stimulated, and provides a sense of purpose
- helps you meet new people with similar interests and become a valuable member of a team
- builds your experience and develops new skills
- allows you to explore career choices and enhance your resume
- helps you contribute to your community
Why does volunteering matter?
- It’s vital for strong, inclusive, and resilient communities
- It assists an organization in reaching their goals
- It builds relationships
- It’s a key component to a healthy, happy society
What can I do?
First, ask yourself if there is something specific you want to do.
The best way to start volunteering is to match your personality and interests with a role that is right for you. Answering these questions will help you narrow that down.
Do I want…
…to make life better where I live?
…to meet people who are different from me?
…to try something new?
…to do something with my spare time?
…to see a different way of life?
…to experience the work I might want to do as a full-time job?
…to do activities that line up with my interests and hobbies?