Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Day of SOAR Volunteers
The Southern Ontarion Amazing Race will take place on the weekend of June 1st, 2018, and we have already started planning. Join the fun and help with this amazing event. It’s the perfect way to have fun, meet new people and contribute to the overall success of SOAR!
Why Should You Volunteer
It’s the perfect way to have fun, meet new people and contribute to the overall success of SOAR!
- Enjoy a fun weekend.
- Participate in a unique event.
- Meet some great people.
- Contribute to a great cause in The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington.
- Get recognition for your involvement – free food and t-shirt!
- Be able to qualify for one of 5 volunteer teams selected for SOAR 2019
Energetic Individuals needed for the following SOAR volunteer roles:
- Shuttle Driver (usually an all-day affair)
- Food Crew (Helping with lunch and dinner for teams, delivering lunches and snacks to volunteers)
- Media Crew (photography, videography, social media)
- Low Physical Demand Challenges team member (e.g. monitoring activity by a clue box, signing in teams)
- May 31, 2018 – Volunteer Application Deadline
- June 1, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation
- June 2 and 3, 2018 – Race Weekend
Food & Friends Program
With Food & Friends, your efforts make a difference in the lives of local children. As a volunteer, there are many opportunities for training and growth.
Volunteers are currently needed in the following areas:
- Mount Forest
- Coordinators: are involved in running the program and they perform tasks such as ordering the food. They are generally (but not limited to) school teachers/employees.
- Helpers: are involved with food prep, menu planning, program attendance, serving and clean up.
- Grocery shoppers: compile lists depending on the planned menu, buy and store the food appropriately and ensure that all receipts go to the Administrators.
- Administrators: are involved with the program paper work, they track receipts and do budgeting and fundraising.
- Management of volunteers: recruitment, training, scheduling and recognition
This is another opportunity for training and growth. Use your current administrative skills and learn new ones by becoming involved in the behind-the-scenes work at the Children's Foundation. These volunteers will help in the following areas;
- General office administration: answering phones, greeting clients, taking messages, assisting with mailings, and office organization.
- Basic computer work: data entry, use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Event preparation: support for Children's Foundation third party events such as decor design, preparing event documentation and a variety of last minute odd jobs.
The Sunshine Squad is a group of dedicated volunteers who act as experienced ambassadors, believe in the mission of the Children's Foundation and share it's values.
What do they do?
- Attend outreach or fundraising events
- Run information booths
- Attend cheque presentations
- Speak on behalf of the Children's Foundation
These volunteers are given a fun orientation and training session, and are provided with all the materials needed to fulfill their roles.
These materials could include speech templates, talking points and display materials.
The Sunshine Squad is currently accepting applications for "Rays of Sunshine". This is an entry level volunteer position in which volunteers will have the opportunity to assist a more experienced Sunshine Squad member in outreach and various tasks within the organization.
If you would like more information or are interested in becoming a "Ray of Sunshine" please contact Brenda Walsh - firstname.lastname@example.org