National Volunteer Week: Celebrate the Value of Volunteering
April 15-21 is National Volunteer Week, a time to celebrate and thank Canada’s 12.7 million volunteers and recognize their contributions in our communities.
This year's theme is: “Celebrate the value of volunteering: Building confidence, competence, connections and community.”
Volunteering is often seen as a selfless act: a person gives their time, skills, experience and passion to help others, without expecting anything in return. While volunteering is a form of service, many volunteers will tell you that “you get more than you give.” From opportunities to develop new skills to finding deep and meaningful personal connections, the magic of volunteering creates social and economic value for all.
As a special way to thank the wonderful volunteers of the Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington, we have an exciting activity planned for the month of April...
CFGW Volunteer BINGO!
- Visit the Children's Foundation office to pick-up your Volunteer Bingo card or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Each volunteer is entitled to one card.)
- Each weekday beginning Tuesday, April 3rd, we will draw two Bingo numbers.
- The Bingo numbers will be posted here daily.
- The Bingo numbers will be posted weekly on @ChildrensFdnGW Facebook and Twitter.
- Share your progress, Did you get today's numbers? Keep us updated at @ChildrensFdnGW Facebook and Twitter.
- One prize will be awarded to the first volunteer to claim the correct numbers in each configuration:
One Line (any direction)
When a Bingo is called, volunteers will be asked to take a photo of themselves with their winning card, with the numbers visible for verification. Verified winners will be announced and then the winnning combination will be closed. Once a BINGO card has won it is no longer eligble to play. When all winning combinations have been called, winners will be announced and prizes will be available for pick-up or or mail.
Numbers are pulled in the order in which they appear:
|TUESDAY, APRIL 3||WENDESDAY, APRIL 4||THURSDAY, APRIL 5||FRIDAY, APRIL 6|
|G 50 & B 3||N 36 & I 20||N 45 & B 13||I 24 & N 40|
|MONDAY, APRIL 9||TUESDAY, APRIL 10||WEDESDAY, APRIL 11||THURSDAY, APRIL 12||FRIDAY, APRIL 13|
|G 55 & O 67||O 61 & I 23||O 63 & N 38||G 46 & B 15||O 75 & G 54|
|MONDAY, APRIL 16||TUESDAY, APRIL 17||WEDESDAY, APRIL18||THURSDAY, APRIL19||FRIDAY, APRIL 20|
|B 14 & G 47||O 66 & G 57||G 53 & O 68||G 58 & N 31||O 71 & G 51|
|MONDAY, APRIL 23||TUESDAY, APRIL 24||WEDESDAY, APRIL 25||THURSDAY, APRIL 26||FRIDAY, APRIL 27|
|I 22 & N 37||B 10 & N 41||O 70 & B 7|