Volunteers are an essential to the work done by the Children's Foundation and they're part of what makes our community so great. We admire the many volunteers who step forward in a caring and supportive way and come together to invest their time, skills and enthusiasm in helping in so many ways. The support offered by over 1,500 event, office and project volunteers makes it possible for the Children's Foundation to empower children and youth, build hope and help create lifelong change.
- increases self-confidence
- provides vital help to people in need
- makes you happier, reduces stress, combats depression, keep you mentally stimulated, and provides a sense of purpose
- helps you meet new people with similar interests and become a valuable member of a team
- builds your experience and develops new skills
- allows you to explore career choices and enhance your resume
- helps you contribute to your community
Why does volunteering matter?
- It’s vital for strong, inclusive, and resilient communities
- It assists an organization in reaching their goals
- It builds relationships
- It’s a key component to a healthy, happy society
What can I do?
First, ask yourself if there is something specific you want to do.
The best way to start volunteering is to match your personality and interests with a role that is right for you. Answering these questions will help you narrow that down.
Do I want…
…to make life better where I live?
…to meet people who are different from me?
…to try something new?
…to do something with my spare time?
…to see a different way of life?
…to experience the work I might want to do as a full-time job?
…to do activities that line up with my interests and hobbies?
How to find the right volunteer opportunity
The more you volunteer, the more benefits you’ll experience! Still, volunteering doesn’t have to involve a long-term commitment or take a lot of time out of your busy day. Giving even in small, simple ways can help those in need and improve your health and well being. Whether you’re looking for a short-term project or a long-term commitment, there are many ways you can get involved. Click Volunteer opportunities to see all the interesting opportuities the Children's Foundation has available.