Planned Legacy Giving
Like us, do you believe all children deserve encouragement and support? If so, please consider adding a charitable bequest to your will to help the children of tomorrow. You have the chance to make a lasting impact on many young lives. A bequest of any size can make a significant impact.
A gift to the Children's Foundation can help change a child’s life. You can help many children get a leg up on life and give them support through a stage that is so critical to their learning and self-image. We have met donors and volunteers who were assisted by the Children’s Foundation years ago – the support they received was transformative. Let’s build a community where all children will have that same opportunity to reach their full potential.
If the Children’s Foundation is already in your will, trust, or other estate plans - thank you! We'd love to know about your plans. Please contact Karyn Kirkwood at email@example.com.
How to include the Children's Foundation in your Estate plans
Thank you for considering including the Children’s Foundation in your will. Here are two steps to help you get started.
1. Think about which aspect of the Children’s Foundation you would most like to help.
You can direct your gift to the Children’s Foundation to whichever program you are most passionate about. Our programs are:
- Adopt-A-Family provides families hope and support over the Christmas season.
- Food & Friends provides students the nutrition they need to learn.
- Free to Grow provides financial assistance for recreational and life-skill opportunities, as well as mental health counselling.
- Scholarships provide financial support for post-secondary education to youth who have overcome adversity and challenges to graduate high school.
You can also leave an unrestricted gift which will be directed to the area of greatest need at the time we receive your gift.
If you have questions about how you would like your gift to be directed, contact Karyn Kirkwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Decide how you would like to give.
There are a number of legacy giving options including bequests, gifts of life insurance, gifts of RRSPs and others. Each have different types of tax benefits. Set up an appointment with your professional advisor (i.e. financial advisor or attorney) to decide what will work best for you and your family.
Once you have decided, your professional advisor will include the appropriate wording in your will.
To include the Children’s Foundation include:
- Our legal name: The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington
- Charitable Registration Number: 140543430 RR0001
- How you would like the funds allocated (Where Needed Most, Adopt-A-Family, Food & Friends, Free to Grow or Scholarships).