Executive Director Update - COVID-19 Office Closure
March 16, 2020
The Children’s Foundation is continuing to monitor the latest COVID-19 developments and taking precautions to keep our workplace safe for our team members and the families we serve, as well as ensuring we are well-positioned to support our community. We appreciate your collaboration and encouragement around a proactive approach to the situation.
Here are the latest updates:
- Our office is currently closed and our team members will be working offsite until further notice – the health of both the team and the community is our top priority. We made this decision to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to serve our community via telephone and email through this time.
- You can find our staff directory here: https://www.childrensfoundation.org/about/our-team Please email us with any questions you have or if you would like to set up a time to have a meeting over the phone.
- If there are any further updates, we will make sure to provide the necessary communications to our community.
One of the key factors in this decision is the need to foster a degree of “social distancing”, as recommended by public health authorities. Our goal is to help interrupt the chain of transmission in the wider community, thereby protecting vulnerable individuals and ensuring that our health care system will not become overburdened.
There are a number of preventative actions we want you to be reminded of as your well-being is our top priority.
- Regularly clean your hands with soap and water
- Sneeze into tissues and dispose of them immediately
- Routinely clean and disinfect commonly touched areas and items
- If you are feeling ill, please stay at home to rest and recover and contact a doctor or healthcare professional
We are sending you well wishes during this time. Take care and let’s stay healthy together. Our team is here to support you if you need us.