We need to see documents that show current financial information for each adult contributing to your gross household income, as well as to verify your family's size and status. Specifically, the two documents we require are:

  1. The most current Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) – the information you get back once you have filed your Tax Return.  If you can't find your Notice of Assessment, you can contact CRA at 1-800-959-8281 for a replacement copy or Click Here for online information about how to obtain a copy of your Notice of Assessment. 
  2. The current Canada Child Tax Benefit (mailed out mid-July each year). Contact CRA at 1-800-387-1193 for a replacement copy. We can also accept the Ontario Trillium Benefit Notice or GST Credit Notice – please note: you don’t need to send all three of these documents – just one will do.

See Samples below.

 If you cannot provide the Notice of Assessment, please contact us at 519-826-9551 ext. 23 or grants@childrensfoundation.org to determine what we may be able to accept to verify your income.

If you are uploading your financial documents to our secure online system, we still highly recommend you black out your Social Insurance Number (SIN).


SAMPLES: Notice of assessment & Child Tax Benefit Statement

Sample Notice of AssessmentSample CTB