It is very easy to create an account and submit an application for funding. It should only take you about 5 minutes, depending on the number of children you are registering.
Note: You will require a valid email address to create an account. See: "What happens if I don't have an email address...." for information on how to apply by paper format.
CLICK HERE to begin registering. The online system will take you through the steps, but they are also listed below for your reference.
- You will need to Register as a New User under the "Applying for Funding" page. Note: if you have applied in the past by paper format, there may be an account already opened for you. Please call us at 519-826-9551 ext 23 or email firstname.lastname@example.org first to get your account information rather than opening a new account.
- You will be asked to provide a "Username", a "Password", and your email address. Click Go!
- A pop-up message will come up saying: "Thank you for registering! You have been sent an email with a confirmation link."
- Check your email account for an email from us with instructions on how to activate your account. You will not be able to proceed until you have checked your email and clicked on the activation link in the email.
- Note: this activation email is sent out automatically and immediately. If you do not see it in your in-box within a few minutes, please check your Spam/Junk folder to see if it's been filtered into there. For Gmail accounts, you might also need to check the Promotions Tab if you don't see the email in your in-box.
- Click on the activation link provided in your email. It will automatically take you back to our online site and your account is now confirmed and activated. At the bottom of this confirmation webpage is an orange button to Login. Click on this Login button.
- Enter the Username and Password you created and click Go!
- You can now follow the online instructions to enter information about your family, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address (please use same email address as you used to Register), family situation, and preferred method of communication. Once entered, click Submit.
- Please wait while the online system processes this page. Once done, you will see the message: "Thank you for adding or editing your family information. Please return to the applicant home page to proceed."
- Click on the link provided for applicant home to now provide information about the child(ren) you are applying for, including their name, birthdate, and gender. You will need to submit for each child you are wishing to apply for.
- Once the first child's information is submitted, you will be given the choice to either Apply For Funding, Edit the child's information you just submitted, or Add a New Child. You can continue to enter additional children.