Your company or group can change the lives of countless families in our community by donating to Adopt-A-Family this year. There are many ways to support local families in need, from adopting a family and providing them with a special Christmas, to holding a gift drive or third-party fundraiser. All the ways you can help are explained in depth on our Become A Donor! page, which you can view by Clicking Here.
Helpful Tips for Groups
Post a good, old-fashioned sign-up sheet
- Create a list that includes the items from the childrens' needs & wishes list, plus the parent(s) gift and $25 per person in grocery store gift cards.
- Have your group members sign up beside the gifts they wish to purchase.
- If you have more donors or funds, you can always buy some extra gifts or gift cards to contribute to our Santa Store to help those emergency late family referrals.
Get crafty and set up an Adopt-A-Family Christmas tree
- Create tags, stars or bells for the tree, each of which shows an individual gift from the childrens' needs & wishes list.
- Remember to include a tag for a parent gift and a tag for a $25 grocery store gift card for every family member.
- Have your group members take a tag and purchase the gift.
- The tags can stay with the gifts when delivering them to us, helping to clearly direct the proper gifts to each family member.
Go high-tech and have an online sign-up form
- Just like the good, old-fashioned sign-up sheet but online. Try a free program like SignUpGenius to create the list of childrens' needs & wishes list, etc. that your group can browse through at their leisure and sign-up for what they will purchase. You can even set it up to send email reminders and save you the trouble of nagging your co-workers or friends.
Feel like Santa and hold a toy-gift drive
- There's so many great toy and/or gift drives you can do, depending on your group's interests, budget, and time. Check out more about what gift items are most needed by going to Holding a Gift or Toy Drive. Let your group know what gifts-toys are needed, give them a deadline, and create a collection box or area for drop-offs.
Have fun holding a fundraiser to donate cash
- Organize internal fun activities and challenges that require a small donation. Some ideas include having a staff/family skating party or a bowling party, selling tickets for a “draw”, or having casual dress days for a fee.
- For more information about how we can support you in a bigger third-party fundraiser, please view our Host a Fundraiser page.
Make it a family affair
- Forego a family or company gift exchange (really, who needs more tchotchkes?) and go in together to help a family in need instead.
- Extend your corporate "family" to your clients, customers and suppliers and have them join in with you to make an even bigger impact.
Click on the links below to download a poster or info-graphic to post at your business or workplace, or we would be happy to send you any of these materials.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We can be reached at:
Children's Foundation Phone: 519-826-9551, ext 28 (January to October)
Adopt-A-Family Seasonal Phone: 519-829-0855 (October to December)