Program Assistant, Free to Play Program
We help children and youth reach their full potential through programs that support their intellectual, emotional and physical well-being.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
We are seeking an administrative professional looking to make a difference in the lives of children by ensuring the efficient day-to-day delivery of our Free to Play (FTP) Program. FTP gives children a chance to participate in recreational activities that they couldn’t otherwise afford.
As the Program Assistant, you will report to the Program Director and ensure financial assistance applications are processed in a respectful and timely manner using superior organizational skills and an attention to detail. This role requires an excellence in standard of care while providing positive, compassionate service and excellent communication skills.
Come and work with other amazing individuals that are as committed to helping all children reach their full potential.
FREE TO PLAY PROGRAM
- Act as the primary liaison with Free to Play families in person, on the phone and via email ensuring all families are communicated with in plain language and are treated with dignity and respect.
- Review and process applications for financial assistance in a timely and sensitive manner while ensuring service delivery is within the program guidelines.
- Maintain the integrity of the family, child and activity data in the Free to Play database.
- Coordinate the approval process of applications, submit requests for payment and send letters of approval letters to applicants and recreation organizations.
- Resolve any payment or registration issues with recreation organizations and/or the families.
- Primary staff back-up for the Free to Play Program Director (including during the Adopt-A-Family season).
- Post-secondary education, preferably in administration, plus 1-2 years administrative experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in the social services field, especially with low-income families, would be an asset.
- Conscientious with superior organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong technological skills including Microsoft Office, database data entry and report creation.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate effectively.
- Ability to deal with high volume of work and tight deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times and exhibits discretion where appropriate.
- Mostly within the Foundation office with some off-site meetings.
- Fast-paced position that must meet the demands of public, supporters and partners.
- Permanent Part-Time (18 hours/week).
- Obtain a Police Record Check.
- Level 2 Salary Grid classification. Starting rate $16.50/hour.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline is May 17, 2017. All applications must be submitted through CharityVillage.com to the attention of Glenna Banda, Executive Director. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.